Sunday, July 1, 2007

Shopping in Seattle.

Off to Seattle today. Both physically and virtually!

The physical visit was fun, as it was a beautiful day to drive around the Sound. Brenda (my wife) and I visited Daniel Smith to finish stocking up on supplies, and then popped up a few blocks for coffee and doughnuts at the Krispy Kreme. (I grew up in Winston-Salem, the home of Krispy Kreme. Back there they are as much a part of the local culture as Starbuck's and other coffee houses are here in my adopted home.) We finished the visit with a swing by Ikea to price furniture and get ideas - but of course the 'home craft center' displays that had been there for two years were gone. In the scratch 'n dent area was a nice low and wide chest of drawers that would have been perfect for paper storage, but was a bit too pricey. Of course now that I know, I'll keep my eyes open when I hit the local the local thrifts.

The virtual visit consisted of hitting Amazon.com with a shopping list I'd gleaned from the web and the library. While its much less of pain to visit a store virtually, its also much less fun.

No comments: